Why Choose Dr. Amit Kamat?
- One of Only 1% of Dentists with this Specialist Qualification (Learn more)
- 3 Years Advanced Speciality Training in
● Dental Implants
● Full Mouth Rehabilitation
All on Four Permanent Teeth in Just one Day!
All on 4 dental implants were developed as a way to best restore the full arches of the upper and lower jaws by implant manufacturer Nobel Biocare and European implant dentist Paulo Malo using bio-mechanics, computer simulation and clinical research.
This technique provides our patients with a non-removable dental arch that is secured by as little as four dental implants – all on the same day. All on Four is the perfect option for patients who have or need dentures, or need complete restorations on the upper or lower teeth.
- This procedure uses only four implants to secure all teeth
- High quality full teeth restoration can be performed even when bone loss has occurred – bone grafting is not needed in most cases
- Gives you teeth immediately – we make sure our patients leave our office smiling- with a brand new set of replacement teeth! (Previous treatments required patients to receive a total of six or more implants, with treatment extending throughout 18 months of treatment. The patients were then forced to leave the office without any teeth or a poor fitting temporary denture for over a year!)
- The All on 4 dental implants procedure provides especially effective restoration of the upper jaw because longer and stronger implants can be secured in the back part of the jaw
- Minimal Recovery Time
- Reduces overall cost when compared to single implants
Missing teeth can create shame and embarrassment, making it hard for the person suffering from this malady to feel comfortable and confident when speaking. This condition can also make it difficult to eat and over time result in bone loss if the missing teeth are not replaced.
This can be particularly unhealthy for anyone who’s lost several teeth because this will do more than cause bone loss, it can actually change the shape and structure of the face. All-on-Four dental implants could be a viable solution for this problem. It is possible to walk into a dental office for this procedure and walk out with a new set of teeth a few hours later. This procedure is a long lasting alternative to the conventional bridge as well as other ways of replacing missing teeth that typically require multiple implants to successfully replace them.
- Four titanium implants are placed in the jaw in such a way that the bone will envelop and secure them into place.
- The all on four dental implants that are placed in the back part of the jaw are angulated to achieve maximum advantage to the existing bone structure.
- Once the all on four implants are secure, the abutments will be attached so that the replacement teeth can be fastened and adjusted for maximum comfort and function giving you a brand new radiant smile.
- Because only four dental implants are used in the procedure, the entire process is much less invasive and involves less surgical time than previous treatments.
The beauty of this new one day dental implant procedure is the sheer convenience. Special implants were developed for this treatment allowing for the immediate fitting of replacement teeth to the abutments. This means that with only four implants, patients can leave our dental office with a full set of new replacement teeth within only one appointment! No bone grafts necessary!
The teeth are permanent and fixed so there is no need for patients to be without teeth or to endure temporary dentures for an extended time period. The patient is enabled to come for a morning appointment and leave that same afternoon with a brand new radiant smile!
What are All-on-Four Dental Implants?
All-on-Four dental implants replace several teeth with implant-supported full arch restorations. In plain language, a full set of prosthetic teeth built into a reconstructed arch can be installed using four dental implants. This procedure allows a person to replace every missing tooth in their mouth without requiring multiple implants. These implants are commonly referenced in several different ways; All-on-4 Implants,” “Pro Arch Implants,” and “Teeth Tomorrow,” and merely refer to the replacement of a full set of teeth with a prosthetic arch.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
All-on-Four dental implants work the same way traditional dental implants do, they replace missing teeth but require fewer implants to achieve this. A titanium or zirconium based screw implant is surgically inserted into the jaw where it can fuse with the bone, which is referred to as osseointegration. The implant serves as an artificial root and the jaw bone fuses with the artificial root over time. This process is noteworthy because 16 teeth fit on a full arch securely anchored with only four implants. The implants are then surgically implanted with temporary teeth. After the bone and the implant have fused, the temporary teeth are removed and the permanent dentures are installed. The entire process takes time and the first set of teeth are temporary.
What is the Process for All-on-Four Implants?
The process starts with an initial consultation to evaluate your oral health and possible treatment options. A 3-D image of your mouth is then created which will help the dentist to design a full arch with plans to place dental implants in the most supportive areas of your mouth. This process may require that teeth be removed to accommodate the arch and for bone shaping. The healing process takes six to eight weeks and requires that a specific diet is followed to keep the tooth implants from being disturbed before the fusion and the healing process has completed because, once complete, the implants are strong and stable.
Although there are many different approaches to rectifying the loss of teeth, some options are better than others. Traditionally, full and partial bridges have been a common choice, both permanent and temporary. However, a bridge doesn’t support the maintenance of healthy bone tissue like All on 4 dental implants do. Furthermore, dental implants are durable and require far less maintenance than a bridge and other non-implant options. Perhaps what distinguishes All on Four dental implants from other implants and the traditional bridge is the fact that a full 16 tooth arch can be effectively secured with just four implants as opposed to eight. This fact makes them an attractive choice for those looking to replace multiple missing teeth quickly and effectively, without having to endure the process of having multiple implants surgically installed. This gives the recipient a full set of strong stable prosthetic teeth.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with our office for a complimentary consultation.