DENTAL CROWNS OVIEDO FL
Broken tooth? Badly decayed tooth? Don’t Panic you probably won’t lose the tooth! Dr. Amit Kamat can Save your tooth with a Dental Crown.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT DENTAL CROWNS IN OVIEDO, FL
Cosmetic dentistry comprises a variety of treatments. Dental crowns are used to complement multiple procedures. They might be utilized after root canals or dental implant treatment, or to treat various issues. Talk to your dentist in Oviedo, FL, about these versatile prosthetics.
WHAT ARE DENTAL CROWNS?
A dental crown covers a damaged tooth. The crown is made to resemble the natural tooth. Porcelain crowns strongly resemble natural teeth. They are also used to create a smoother, more aesthetically appealing appearance.
Once a crown is cemented into its position, it completely encases the tooth. A dental crown enhances the durability and strength of the original tooth.
REASONS FOR CROWN PLACMENT
- Reinforce a tooth which is cracked or broken
- Repair a tooth which has an old large filling
- Cover a tooth which is severely decayed
- Reinforce a tooth that has had a root canal
- Encase a dental implant
- Anchor a dental bridge
Crowns strengthen and protect the remaining tooth structure and can improve the appearance of your smile.
Types of crowns include the full ceramin crown (ideal for use on the front teeth), the ceramin-fused-to-metal crown and the all-metal crown (ideal for use on the back teeth).
THE DENTAL CROWN PROCEDURE
1. A set of aligners are worn for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
2. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position the orthodontist has prescribed.
3. You will visit us approximately once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
A crown may last up to 5-10 years.
REASONS YOU MIGHT NEED DENTAL CROWNS
You might require a dental crown for various reasons. The following circumstances are examples of situations in which crowns are needed:
- when a tooth has been greatly worn down or is broken
- if a tooth has excessive wear and contains a large filling
- when a dental bridge is used and has no support from natural teeth
- if a weak or decaying tooth is in jeopardy of breaking or cracking when several teeth are very discolored or misshapen
- if a dental implant has been placed in the mouth when cosmetic modification is necessary
- if a tooth has been given a root canal
Dental crowns may be used for children in the following situations:
- when a decayed tooth cannot support an ordinary filling
- if a child has a dental issues that would otherwise require too much anesthesia
- when a child has many dental problems and the teeth need protection
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Dental Crown Treatment Entails
Dental crown treatment typically takes a few weeks to complete. These are the basic steps that this procedure involves:
- First, your dentist will numb the affected area.
- A rubber dam may be placed over the area if decay is present.
- Any decay is drilled out of the tooth.
- Then, an impression of the affected tooth and area is taken.
- The mold taken enables a technician to create a replica of the tooth.
- Temporarily, an acrylic crown is positioned over the drilled tooth.
- Once the permanent crown is ready, it is placed over the tooth permanently.
How Long Do Crowns Last?
A dental crown might last from five to 20 years. Crowns can still sustain fractures and they can get cavities. This is why you must take good care of teeth with crowns. If you brush and floss your teeth regularly, your crown should endure for longer.
One way to increase the longevity of porcelain crowns is to wear a mouth guard. This will help to protect the crown from fracturing.
Exploring How Much Dental Crowns Cost
Dental crowns are not inexpensive, but they can last for many years. The typical price range is between $800 and $1,700. Your dental office can tell you what to expect.
If you cannot afford the cost of your crown immediately, do not worry. Innovative Dental and Orthodontics offers an assortment of reasonable financing options.
Do You Need a Dental Crown?
If you think you might need a dental crown, consult your dentist. Our office does not charge you for advice, so feel free to ask questions. We want you to find the best solutions for your dental issues. Diagnosing and implementing treatment can ensure good oral health.
WHAT DR. AMIT KAMAT CAN DO FOR YOU
Dr. Amit Kamat has undergone three years of specialized training in:
- total mouth
- cosmetic dentistry
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to get an opinion on your need for dental crowns or bridges.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health – we don’t charge for giving advice!